●Araisekisyo [country designation special historic spot] Map http://g.co/maps/wyzx5
Araisekisyo (Imagire Sekisyo) was founded in 1600 by (1600) Ieyasu Tokugawa. The Shogunate established 53 places of Sekisyo in the whole country to keep the Edo era and supervised for "gun on their way to Edo and woman passing through a checkpoint to a local district" strictly. As for the Araisekisyo in particular, the best security precaution was established as the Shogunate direct control for approximately 100 years. "Bill" toward Edo for women ("woman passing through a checkpoint to Edo") was necessary, and, let alone by traffic of weapon including gun, only our Sekisyo was not able to go if defect was found.
Our Sekisyo was in the middle of the Edo era, and transfer of twice was forced to by natural disaster. After previous building collapsed by earthquake of (1854) in 1854, building ("aspect guard station") to stay at the present was rebuilt by (1858) in 1858. Sekisyo was abolished in (1869) in 1869, but we hung in Meiji - Showa era and were used as school and town office, and historic value as Sekisyo which building at the time just remained alone in Japan was appreciated, and we were appointed some other time on "special historic spot" in (1955) on "historic spot" of (1921) country in 1955 in 1921 by country.
We push forward reconstruction maintenance business of Arai Seki trace in our City now. Other than stone wall, building a breakwater of Imagire ferry, we restored fieldwork fence, placard spot of square open space that became entrance of Sekisyo and big gate of the Imperial Palace so far. We will plan reconstruction maintenance such as ship society place, tenement house, storehouse from woman in future.
Permanent construction displays document or history of highway, traffic relations document related to Sekisyo with Sekisyo historical materials building of juxtaposition, and event holds 6-7 times a year of plan display, too (annual schedule following as for the details).
[Araisekisyo, Sekisyo historical materials building usage guidance]
Opening time from 9:00 to 17:00 ※Admission acceptance is finished at 16:30
Admission charges from here
In year-end and New Year (from December 26 to January 2) August, it is without holiday on Monday (in the case of holiday, we are opened without transfer) on holiday
33 parking lots (two for wheelchair, two parking charges for free for trailer bus to include)
Address 1227-5, Arai, Arai-cho, Kosai-shi, Shizuoka (〒 431-0302)
From the access JR Araimachi Station south exit to the west than 8-minute walk / Tomei Expressway Hamamatsu west IC, three day IC 30 minutes
Inquiry TEL/FAX 053-594-3615
By week, it is Sekisyo historical materials in the visit date and time, the number of people, place, sojourn time desired
Please inform of k.
＊Calendar of Sekisyo, Kinokuniya is H28 from here
H29 from here
＊Annual schedule of Sekisyo, Kinokuniya from here (schedule, contents such as plan exhibition may be changed by circumstances)
＊The details of Araisekisyo historical materials building plan exhibition are from here
＊Sale such as pictorial record
We sell pictorial record such as past Araisekisyo historical materials building plan exhibition. Contents are from here
→It is visited, or acquisition method exhibits document name, score, contact information (address, full name, phone number or e-mail address), destination (when different from contact information), and apply to Sekisyo historical materials building by telephone, FAX.
※When it becomes out of stock, thank you for your understanding.
※We do not handle thing selling in "Kosai city Board of Education sports, culture section" "Kosai city lyceum" (young people home) in Sekisyo.